Sunday, February 05, 2006

Discovering Really Simple Syndication

As I work with the implications of infiinite filaments connecting us in infinite ways, I am somewhat bewildered by the way digital technology melds the distinctions of text, images, videos, and sounds. Although my first efforts at syndication have focused on text, virtually anything can be syndicated (made available for reuse in a new setting) whether it be images, podcasts, or vodcasts.

So as we begin to follow the yellow brick road to the Digital Kingdom of Oz, I look for the tools that make such actions REALLY simple. Somehow, Google Reader, as nice and simple as it is, falls short of expectations. The best application I have found so far is FeedDigest, a straight forward web tool that helps you collect your site feeds and gives you simple code to paste in your template.

So now a weblog for scouring sources for news has been created. The paricipants of this music tech discovery experiment are the primary sources, and they may discover many new worlds before we are done. Web Musicing News and Views has been my first attempt at creating a page for syndicating our explorations and discoveries,

No comments: